Newcastle Innovation Ltd
Advanced Control System ResearchHigh performance control systems are the crucial quiet achievers of technological developments in a range of industries including manufacturing, communications, transportation and energy.
Advanced Control & System Dynamics group at the University of Newcastle offers industry world-leading research and consultancy services at the forefront of the analysis and design of advanced control systems.
AC-SD provides access to some of Australia’s top engineers in the area of control and has strong links to the University of Newcastle Research Centre of for Complex Dynamic Systems and Control – a leading research group breaking ground in control systems for more than 20 years.
AC-SD brings new ideas and advances to assist industry clients to
- Assess the potential for performance improvement by applying advanced control
- Specify control system architecture and performance requirements for contractual agreements
- Make independent evaluations of design proposals from control vendors
- Improve architecture and tuning of control systems currently in use
- Capacitate R&D personnel through courses on modelling, estimation, and control
AC-SD general areas of expertise include
- Control system specification, analysis and design
- Dynamic system modelling and simulation
- Estimation, filtering, and virtual sensing
- Data-driven modelling (system identification)
- Fault-detection and fault handling in control systems